Asphalt pavement, or blacktop as often called, is a popular choice for driveways and other surfaces due to its affordability, durability, and longevity. However, like all pavement materials, asphalt will eventually succumb to the elements if it is not properly maintained. It is where asphalt sealcoating comes in. Sealcoating is an inexpensive and simple way of protecting your asphalt pavement from damage due to rain, ice, ultraviolet rays from the sun, chemical spills from vehicles, and more.
Benefits of Sealcoating Your Asphalt Pavement
Sealcoating is an important element in protecting and prolonging the life of your asphalt pavement. Applying a sealcoat every two years provides numerous benefits for your driveway, pathway, or parking lot. Here are five of the most compelling reasons to consider sealing your asphalt pavement:
- Prevent Water Damage: Sealcoating can greatly reduce water damage. Water seeping into cracks in the pavement surface can cause long-term structural damage if not properly addressed. An even layer of new sealcoat applied every two years will ensure that your driveway remains structurally sound for many years.
- Aesthetic Improvements: Applying a new sealcoat will give your driveway a uniform look with a glossy finish, making it more visually appealing and overall improved appearance.
- Reduce Maintenance Costs: Sealcoating can help prevent costly repairs by filling in small cracks before they become larger issues—saving you money in the long run by reducing future maintenance costs.
- Protect from UV Rays: Sealcoating is also designed to protect against ultraviolet rays from the sun, which can damage and degrade asphalt surfaces over time.
- Prevent Chemical Spills: Sealcoat also acts as a barrier against chemical spills from vehicles, helping to keep asphalt surfaces safe and intact for longer periods with less upkeep required between applications.
Steps Involved in Sealcoating Asphalt Pavements
Sealcoating is a simple and inexpensive way of protecting your asphalt pavement from damage due to rain, ice, ultraviolet rays from the sun, and chemical spills. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to sealcoat your asphalt pavement properly:
- Prepare the area: Start by removing any weeds growing in cracks along driveways and pathways, sweep away any debris, and fill any holes with patching material designed for use on asphalt surfaces.
- Apply the sealant: Apply a sealcoat using a sprayer or roller, depending on desired coverage level and consistency needs. Ensure you cover the entire surface evenly and completely for the best results.
- Allow adequate drying times: Once applied correctly, allow at least one hour of drying time before allowing people to walk on it again. Depending on traffic amounts and types, some areas may require additional treatments over time to maximize the protective benefits provided by sealing processes.
- Periodic inspections: Periodic inspections year-round when outdoor temperatures drop below freezing to ensure everything stays well maintained regardless of the season’s changing nature. Another advantage is rights afforded through the utilization of just such practices regularly, thus providing overall success continued strength structures affected related areas protection sealing measures taken place here too!
How Often Should You Sealcoat Your Asphalt Pavement?
It’s recommended that you apply a new layer of sealcoat every two years or so, depending on traffic patterns, as mentioned above. It will keep your driveway looking great while also ensuring that it remains protected from potential damages associated with water incursions into underlying structures beneath its surface due over time. Without timely maintenance, attention is paid to its ongoing care throughout the life cycle phases!
Additionally, periodic inspections should be made periodically throughout year-round periods when outdoor temperatures begin declining below freezing levels. Making sure everything looks well kept at all times regardless season’s changing nature.
Highway Masters Paving for All Your Sealcoating Needs
Highway Masters Paving offers high-quality asphalt sealcoating treatments to protect and extend the life of your pavement. We can deliver quality service inexpensively since we have experienced professionals and superior equipment.
When you choose Highway Masters Paving for sealcoating, you get a dependable team of professionals to ensure your asphalt is properly coated and maintained. Our efficient techniques and high-quality coating materials make sure that your pavement is well-protected against weather elements such as rain or ice.
Our team at Highway Masters Paving has years of professional expertise and can resolve any concerns regarding the necessary maintenance required to keep your pavement in peak condition. Call us today to understand how asphalt sealcoating can help you extend the life of your pavement!